Terms and Conditions
- The Site is for your personal use only and may not be used for any commercial purposes.
- Our comparison service is free for you to use. When you buy a Product through our Site, we receive a fee and/or commission from the provider.
- It’s your sole responsibility to ensure that the information you provide when using any of the Site is accurate and complete. If it isn’t, a Product or service that you obtain via our Site may not be valid or accurate and you may be subject to additional premiums or charges.
- It’s also your sole responsibility to ensure that the product matches your requirements.
We provide an independent online service which enables you to research and compare travel products or services and travel provided by third parties. Our comparison service is free for you to use. We receive a fee and/or commission from providers when you use our service to purchase Products. Our customer services team is available to support with any offline queries.
- The Site is for your personal, non-commercial use only. They may only be accessed and used by a private individual or by a business to seek a Product directly for that individual or business. Access to and use of the Site other than for your personal, non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
- You are not permitted to use the Site:
- in any unlawful, fraudulent, or commercial manner;
- to harm, threaten, abuse, embarrass, defame, libel, intimidate or harass another person, or in a way that invades another person’s privacy or is obscene, offensive, hateful, indecent, inappropriate, objectionable, unacceptable, discriminatory or damaging as determined by us;
- to create, check, confirm, update, modify or amend another person’s records;
- to tamper with, modify, reverse engineer or amend any part of this Site;
- in a way that interferes with, disrupts or imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our communications and technical systems; or
- with any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other “screen scraping” software, process, program or system.
- Except for travel products, our Site is intended for the use of customers aged 18 or over only.
- For travel products where the customer is aged between 13-16, we will require a parent or legal guardian to complete the enquiry on their behalf.
- You may operate a link to the Site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, as determined by us. You must not operate a link to the Site in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval, or endorsement by us. We reserve the right to require you to remove any link to the Site immediately and at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time.
- The trade marks, copyright, database rights, and other intellectual property rights in the Site and in the information, content, material, or data that we display on the Site belong to us or our licensors, and all such rights are reserved. You must not use such information or copyright material unless you have written permission from us to do so.
- You may temporarily print, copy, download or store extracts of information, content, material, or data displayed on the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not otherwise breach these Terms and Conditions.
- All rights in TravelDescribe are owned by or licensed to us.
- You will retain ownership of any content that you submit, or otherwise make publicly available on or through the Site (“User Content”). You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, royalty free, and unlimited license to use such User Content in any manner and for any purpose. Additional terms and conditions in relation to User Content (including discussion forums and user reviews) are set out in paragraph 3 below.
- You agree to pay any fees and/or other charges incurred by you in accordance with any payment provisions set out on the Site.
- Save for travel insurance, payment for a Product will be made on the relevant third party website when applying for that Product.
- Where full payment for a Product is required on the Site, it should be made in the secure area of the Site at the time of application for the Product. Payment methods other than those stated on the Site will not be accepted. If necessary, we may pass your card details and personal details to the relevant third party, who may take payment for the Product in accordance with its terms and conditions. We may charge you any handling fees that we or the relevant third party may incur in respect of your application. We will always inform you of any such charges before they are incurred.
- You may apply for travel through the Site. You will need to provide details of the type of travel you require together with details of the persons who will be covered and the start date of the policy. You will then be directed to a payment section of the Site where you can then apply for the travel product you have chosen. When you apply for travel through the Site, we are acting on behalf of the travel providers as their agents. We will receive payment of your premium from you as agent for the relevant insurer. Any claims money or refund of premium we receive from the insurer in respect of your travel is also received by us as agent of the insurer. Any contract entered into for any travel product will be between you and the travel provider. By providing you with a quote we are not making an offer on behalf of the travel provider to contract with you on those terms. Instead, by submitting your details, you are making an offer to purchase the relevant travel product from the travel provider on the terms set out. The contract will be concluded once your offer has been accepted. You will receive confirmation when your offer has been accepted.
We subscribe to the latest in internet security standards so you can shop with confidence online. When you enter a protected area, a small padlock or key will be displayed at the bottom of the screen indicating that you have a secure connection with us. You can rest assured that the information you supply is encrypted and cannot be read by anyone else.
Paragraphs 3 and 4 below are important and you should read them carefully as they exclude or limit our liability to you and detail your responsibilities.
Your personal information and User Content
- Our service allows you to search for and compare various types of products from different providers. You will need to answer a number of questions on the Site in order to compare or obtain a quote for any Product. These questions are designed to ensure that we and all relevant Providers have all the information necessary to provide you with appropriate and timely information relating to the products in which you are interested. Aspects of a Product such as the level of cover (if applicable) and the amount you will pay will be determined by the answers you provide to these questions. It is therefore very important that you answer all of the questions truthfully, completely, and accurately and that you disclose all relevant facts. Failure to do so could invalidate the Product you purchase. If you are applying for a travel product, for example, this could mean that you have no travel cover. If your travel product is invalid, claims may not be paid and you could be responsible for any third party costs if any event occurs where you would otherwise have been covered by the travel product. In order to apply for a Product, you must contact the relevant provider.
- If you are in any doubt as to whether any information is relevant or required to be disclosed or that something may be incorrect you should disclose it to your proposed provider before you apply for a Product.
- Before you obtain any Product from a provider, you must check all of the information, content, material or data the provider holds about you to ensure it is correct, complete, accurate, and not misleading and that you have disclosed all relevant facts. It is your responsibility to identify and correct any mistakes or errors in the information, content, material, or data before you obtain any Product. Failure to do so could invalidate the Product.
- You must get permission from any other person whose information you intend to provide on the Site before you provide it. In submitting any other person’s details, you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so and that they understand how their details will be used.
- You must ensure that your User Content is not used to:
- promote or encourage illegal activity;
- do anything that is unlawful, harmful, fraudulent, threatening, defamatory, embarrassing, distressing, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, intimidating, harassing, libellous, stalking, profane, obscene, indecent, inappropriate, hateful, discriminatory or racially, ethnically, sexually, or otherwise objectionable or for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- do anything which violates the rights of others (such as rights of privacy);
- impersonate any other person or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself;
- upload, post, transmit, distribute, share, store or otherwise make publicly available any personal information of any other person including names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses;
- upload, post, transmit, distribute, modify, reproduce, share, store or otherwise make publicly available any information, material, data or content that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property right of any other person;
- send any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’ or any other form of such solicitation; or
- post links to alternative community groups or forums except with our prior written consent.
- We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to review or monitor any User Content. We are not responsible or liable for the review or monitoring of any User Content.
- You must take all reasonable precautions (including using appropriate virus checking software) to ensure that any information, content, material or data you provide (including User Content) is free from viruses and anything else which may have a harmful effect on any part of the Site or the websites of third parties or any other technology.
Suitability of Products
- The Products displayed on our Site are not provided by us but by third parties over whom we do not have control.
- You should always check the suitability, adequacy and appropriateness of the Product that is of interest to you. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you wish to obtain any Product before applying for it. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability, adequacy or appropriateness of any Product referred to on the Site, we suggest that you seek independent professional advice before you obtain it.
- The Site provides information on a wide range of products and services but there may be other products or services available on the market which are not shown on the Site and which may be more appropriate or suitable for you than those shown on the Site.
Third party websites and services
- Your use of any Provider websites and your obtaining of any Products will be subject to the Provider’s own terms and conditions (which will be different from ours). It is very important before you apply for any Product that you carefully read the accompanying terms and conditions, the Provider’s terms and conditions, and any other documentation that applies to the Product. You must familiarise yourself with all the details of the product, for example:
- for travel products, the restrictions, exclusions, conditions, and obligations which apply to the travel product and
- for travel products, the minimum check in times, cancellations or modifications of bookings, refunds, visa or passport requirements, vaccination requirements, restrictions, exclusions, conditions, and obligations which apply to the product.
- Any links to third party websites on our Site or in our emails are provided for your interest and convenience only. These websites are owned and operated by third parties over whom we do not have control. We do not endorse, recommend or accept responsibility for such third parties, their products or services, their websites or for any information, opinions or views given or advice provided by such third parties (whether on their websites or otherwise).
Our responsibilities and our liability to you
The information on our Site
- We aim to ensure that the material on the Site (excluding, if applicable, any User Content) is accurate. We also try to correct any errors or omissions as soon as we can after being notified of them. However, we are not able to guarantee that the material on the Site is accurate and free from errors or omissions at all times. We reserve the right to add, amend, delete, edit, remove or modify any information, content, material, or data displayed on the Site at any time and without notice.
- Nothing on the Site is advice or a recommendation or endorsement by us in respect of any Product referred to on a Site. Information on the Site is provided for general information purposes only, should not be relied upon by you, and is provided so that you can select the Product that you feel is most appropriate to meet your needs.
- The information and descriptions of Products on the Site may not represent the complete descriptions of all the features and terms and conditions of those Products. You must ensure that you carefully read all the features and terms and conditions (including those contained on the provider’s Site) of any Product before applying for it.
- Some of our channels provide you with access to third party websites that host reviews about products and services. Sometimes you may also be able to access user reviews directly on the Sites. The views expressed in any such reviews do not represent our views or the views of our associated companies.
Availability of the Site
We aim to provide uninterrupted access to the Site but we give no warranty on this. We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the Site at any time.
Exclusions of our liability
a. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for our fraud, or excludes or limits our duties or any liability under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, as amended, (“FSMA”) or any conduct of business rules developed pursuant to FSMA.
b. Subject to the paragraph immediately above, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage you may incur:
- if any information, content, material, or data you provide on the Site is not correct, complete, and accurate, or if it is misleading, or if you fail to disclose all relevant facts
- in the event that any Product you apply for does not meet your requirements or is not suitable for you
- in connection with the accuracy or content of any reviews of products or services displayed on our Site or on any other website that you may access via our Sites
- for any acts, omissions, errors, or defaults of any third party in connection with that product or service
- which are indirect or not foreseeable by us when you accessed or used the Site or
- arising from an inability to access the Site, from any use of the Site, or from reliance on the data transmitted using the Site where such losses or damages are caused by any event beyond our reasonable control including as a result of the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet.
c. We do not give any warranty that the Site is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
- We aim to provide you with an excellent service at all times. If you are unhappy with our service for any reason, please contact our Customer Services Team.
- We will aim to send you a formal acknowledgement of your complaint within 48 hours and to resolve it as soon as possible. After we have had an opportunity to investigate your concerns, we will issue you with a final response.
- If you are unhappy with any product or service you have obtained from a third party or have any complaint regarding any third party, you should address your complaint directly to that third party. If you require their contact details, please contact our Customer Services Team who will be happy to assist.